Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Master Plan: Himmler's Scholars and the Holocaust - a Book Review


The Master Plan: Himmler's Scholars and the Holocaust - a Book Review

I never understood the fascination with Adolph Hitler and the Holocaust. Oh sure, I've seen Schindler's List, and I've even been to a Holocaust museum or two in my time, but ... seriously, it seemed almost prurient to me to need to know what when on. But, I've read Heather Pringle's books before (she wrote The Mummy Congress), and I really admire her writing, so when her publisher wrote and asked if I wanted a review copy, I agreed. But my god! It was so hard to read this book. To have to face the fact that a segment of the scientific community in Germany was conducting research and experiments to support Hitler's gaga concept of Aryan supremacy was very hard for me. But I'm glad I did.

Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if the book contains info on the Ahnenerbe activities in Greece? I've only found this article: Ahnenerbe in Greece

Anonymous said...

I can't find the book on my shelves, which probably means I gave it to somebody to read. You might try contacting Heather Pringle, who wrote the book, and did such incredible research that she probably did some stuff in Greece.

http://www.heatherpringle.com/

Kris (I'm having trouble logging on to my own website)